One of the reasons New Morning is such a special place is that it is a co-op, created by people like you for your children. Each family’s involvement, no matter how great or how small, benefits all. The cooperative aspect enriches the nursery school experience for parents, teachers, and most of all, the children. By volunteering, parents convey to their children that their school is important.
Each New Morning family is required to participate in their child’s school experience in certain ways, including attendance at two Work Days each school year. Work Day is a nice way to meet other parents and teachers, and become familiar with the classrooms. We really do need everyone to help out with Work Days. This commitment can be fulfilled by:
- Attending two Work Days for two hours each day. Work Day options are:
- August 26, 9-noon, on the playgrounds, all rooms
- August 29, 8:30-noon for Willow and Birch Rooms; or 5-8:30 pm for the Oak Room
- June 8, 6-9pm, all rooms
- June 10, 9-noon, on the playgrounds, all rooms
- Watching someone else’s children so they can come to work at school (can only fulfill one of your two dates)
- Signing up for a take-home work-day job or project at any time during the school year (Check with Director)
If you have children enrolled in more than one classroom, please help in the Birch or Oak Rooms before school starts, since more work is required to clean-up and set-up after summer school.