One of the reasons New Morning is such a special place is that it is a co-op, created by people like you for your children. Each family’s involvement, no matter how great or how small, benefits all. The cooperative aspect enriches the nursery school experience for parents, teachers, and, most of all, the children. By volunteering, parents convey to their children that their school is important.
A co-op also:
- Allows parents to share their talents and resources to enhance the classroom experience for all children
- Helps children develop a sense of community in a caring environment, which helps ease the transition from home to school
- Shows the teachers you value their expertise by relieving them of some of the less technical tasks that need to be done to run the classroom
- Offers parents opportunities for involvement in policy making and goal setting for the school
- Creates opportunities for new friendships for parents and children, while providing a parent support network.
Each New Morning family is required to participate in their child’s school experience in certain ways, including bringing healthy snacks to their child’s class (depending upon the number of days their child attends), attending parent work days, and participating in our community. Additional involvement, such as serving on or chairing a committee or becoming a board member, attending classroom clean-ups, etc is optional and always appreciated. Through the years we have learned that parent participation not only supports the school, but also enhances your family’s New Morning experience.