Preschool Teaching Positions Available
New Morning is seeking teachers who possess a passion for working with young children. New Morning teachers become members of our close-knit school community where they receive respect for their abilities and appreciation for their efforts from parents and fellow colleagues. Our school is located in an historic building (inside Wingra School) in the Dudgeon-Monroe neighborhood across the street from the Arboretum. New Morning is state licensed, City of Madison accredited, a parent cooperative, and a MMSD 4K community partner. We have been offering child centered, play- based, half-day programs for children 2-5 years for over 45 years.
Half-time preschool teacher, M-F mornings, in our Birch Room, 3-5 year olds
Half-time to full-time toddler teacher, schedule is negotiable
- Beginning summer 2019 program, continuing into 2019-20 school year
- School year class hours, Monday-Friday, 8:30-11:30 am and 1-4 pm with lunch in between. Summer classroom hours are Tuesday-Thursday, 8:30-12:30, six weeks. Our school calendar aligns with MMSD.
- Teachers receive a school year contract and can also contract for 6 week summer program separately
- Must love working with young children, a team of fellow professionals, and parents
- At least three years of experience teaching preschool age in a high quality early child care environmento Bachelor’s degree, preferably in ECE or related field
Salary and Benefits
- Includes paid set-up and planning time
- Additional hours may be available by subbing, lunch bunch and summer school 2019
- Competitive salary based on education and experience
- Benefits include paid training and professional association fees, paid sick/personal/professional days, access to health insurance, tuition discount, paid vacation during winter/spring breaks
Please email the following items to April Denton at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Letter of Interest
- Current Resume
- Reference List
New Morning is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any applicant on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, disability, marital status, or sexual orientation.
Details for both positions are available in as a PDF here.