A variety of fundraising initiatives and special events are held throughout the school year. Many happen only with the help of volunteers, and are a great way to get to know other parents.
- New Morning Apparel - A great way to sport your New Morning pride.
- School Photos by Catherine Hilcove Photography – The school receives a percentage of all sales.
- New Morning ‘Hand-me-Over’ Facebook group – a place to share your gently used items with our community and the buyer kicking a donation to New Morning.
- Mabel’s Labels – Mabel’s Labels purchases made through their ‘support a fundraiser results in a kickback to New Morning.
- Amazon Smile – Amazon purchases made through http://smile.amazon.com – with New Morning as the charity – result in 0.05% of all purchases for the school.
- Minted – Minted card purchases through their ‘Minted Fundraising Program’ results in a 15% kickback to New Morning- use our unique code: FUNDRAISENEWMORNING
Social events with a fundraising component
- Back to School Picnic - New Morning receives a percentage of food cart sales.
- Pancake Breakfast – Pancakes, bacon, and a fun craft by Monroe Street Arts Center.
- Families Dine Out – A local restaurant gives a portion of all dinner sales to New Morning. Past events held at Chocolate Shop Ice cream, Chipotle, and Gates and Brovi.
- Spring Auction: The major fundraising event of the year, this fun-filled evening is for NMNS parents and friends.
Additional special events
- Parent Night: An opportunity to talk to teachers, meet the board of directors and other parents, and learn about our co-op culture!
- 4K Information Night: This program will help alleviate some anxiety around transition to 4K. Friends and neighbors are welcome! Click for More Info.
- Open House: An opportunity for the greater community to check our wonderful programs!
- End of Year Picnic: Our end-of-the-year potluck picnic and opportunity to celebrate the arrival of summer, located at nearby Westmorland Park.