A variety of fundraising initiatives and special events are held throughout the school year. Many happen only with the help of volunteers, and are a great way to get to know other parents.
- New Morning Apparel - A great way to sport your New Morning pride.
- School Photos by Crocodile Smiles – The school receives a percentage of all sales.
- Square 1 Art – Students’ art is transformed into keepsakes (ex: tote, mug, etc.).
- Charleston Wrap – Beautiful wrapping paper and gifts available before the holidays.
- Amazon Smile – Amazon purchases made through http://smile.amazon.com – with New Morning as the charity – result in 0.05% of all purchases for the school.
- Jen Lucas Photography – Jen’s three children attended New Morning, and she offers a $50 discount on photo sessions that go back to New Morning. JenLucasPhotography.com
Social events with a fundraising component
- Back to School Picnic - New Morning receives a percentage of food cart sales. September 11, 5:30-7:00 pm.
- Pancake Breakfast – Pancakes, bacon, and a fun craft by Monroe Street Arts Center. November 2, 9:00-11:00 am.
- Election Day Bake Sale – Socialize with other parents before or after you vote.
- Families Dine Out – A local restaurant gives a portion of all dinner sales to New Morning. Last year’s event was held at Gates and Brovi.
- Spring Auction: The major fundraising event of the year, this fun-filled evening is for NMNS parents and friends. March 21.
Additional special events
- Parent Night: An opportunity to talk to teachers, meet the board of directors and other parents, and learn about our co-op culture! September 19, 6:30-8:30 pm.
- 4K Information Night: This program will help alleviate some anxiety around transition to 4K. Friends and neighbors are welcome! December 5, 7:00-8:00 pm. Click for More Info.
- Open House: An opportunity for the greater community to check our wonderful programs! January 18, 9am-noon.
- End of Year Picnic: Our end-of-the-year potluck picnic and opportunity to celebrate the arrival of summer, located at nearby Westmorland Park. June 8, 5:30-7 pm.